About AUVSI’s Priority Points System
Exhibitors accumulate points for the booth selection process for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America conference and exhibition. This priority point system allows companies with the highest accumulation of points to have priority in selecting a booth for the following year’s show. For example, companies that earn the most points will have the first opportunity to sign up for booth space for the show in 2012 while onsite at the 2011 show in August.
How the Priority Points System Works
Points are earned by exhibiting companies and the ranking of total point accumulation determines the order in which booths are selected for the following year’s show. Points may be earned until 10 June 2011 based on various participation levels (see below). After 10 June, companies may continue to accumulate points, but those points will be allocated to the following year’s booth selection process and will not factor into booth selection for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2012.
Companies will be notified of their total points by 17 June 2011. Pre-sales will begin prior to onsite sign up. Once pre-sales has closed, companies will be notified of their onsite sign up times. Following AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011, all exhibit sales will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Calendar for Booth Selection Process
|10 June 2011
||Deadline for accumulating points for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2012 Booth Selection |
|27 June 2011
||Companies notified of total points accumulated|
|15 July 2011
Deadline for companies to dispute any point discrepancies
|15 July 2011
Tentative: Exhibitor Prospectus and Floor Plan for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2012 distributed to all current exhibitors
|16 August 2011
||Onsite Booth Selection Begins (Time TBA)|
|19 August 2011
Onsite Booth Selection Ends; All exhibit sales on a first-come, first-served basis begins
||For every 100 square feet of exhibit space at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America|
||For every 100 square feet of exhibit space at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Program Review|
For every 9 sqm (approx 100 sqf) of Pavilion Space or Stand Space at AUVSI’s International Events
- For International events that ONLY offer 6 sqm stands, 2 points will be awarded for every 6 sqm booked
- Points will be rounded down to the lower 9 sqm increment; for example, if a company books 20 sqm, they will receive 4 points (based on 18 sqm)
||For every $1,000 in sponsorship of AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America|
||For every $1,000 in sponsorship of AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Program Review|
For every $1,000 in sponsorship at AUVSI’s International Events
For every $1,000 in advertising in the following print publications:
- Unmanned Systems Magazine
- AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America Onsite Program
- AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Program Review Onsite Program
For every $1,000 in advertising in the following electronic publications:
|Corporate Membership must be current on the points cut-off deadline of June 10, 2011. |
||Diamond Corporate Members |
||Platinum Corporate Members|
||Gold Corporate Members|
||Silver Corporate Members|
||Bronze Corporate Members|
||Academic Corporate Members|
||Entrepreneur Corporate Members|
||For every $1,000 donation to AUVSI’s Foundation|
Penalties and Deductions in Points
||Any violation of the Rules and Regulations at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011 that are not or cannot be remedied onsite. (For example: Late set-up or early tear-down of booth; violation of height and space restrictions, etc.)|
|-2 points (in addition to points earned from square footage booked – 1 point per 100 sqf)
||Cancellation of booth space for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011 after May 13, 2011 |
|-2 points (in addition to amount of square footage downsized – 1 point per 100 sqf)
||Downsizing of booth space for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011 after May 13, 2011 |
||No shows at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011|
||If the booth balance due is not received by 25 February 2011|
Rules and Regulations
- The deadline to earn points for 2012 Booth Selection is 10 June 2011. Points accumulated after this date will apply to selection of booths for 2013.
- Points will be cumulative from year to year. Reductions in points will only be made based on the above penalties and deductions.
- Booth deposits (50% minimum) are required with submission of the contract to confirm a booth. The exhibitor prospectus with the contract will be distributed approximately 60 days prior to the show so that you will have sufficient time to collect funds for the deposit. We will accept checks and credit cards onsite for the deposit payment.
- Time Slot Assignments: All exhibitors will be assigned a time slot according to the total priority points earned up to 10 June 2011. In order to select a booth for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2012, one company representative must be present at the specified time. (Time schedule TBD).
- Missed Time Slots: If a company does not show up for its assigned time slot, the exhibitor contract with payment and preferred booth may be left at the sign-in table in the Sales Office and the company will be assigned a booth at the end of the day based on availability. Exhibitors will not be allowed to select a booth(s) at a later time slot.
- The Exhibitor Sales Office will be located in the back of the exhibit hall.
- Time Limit: All exhibitors must come prepared with a completed contract, payment and preferred booth locations. When your company’s name is called to select your booth, if your contract has not been completed, the next name will be called. In order to expedite the booth sales process, each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of 2 minutes to select a booth. A continuously updated floor plan will be available in the waiting area indicating available booths. Due to the overwhelming number of exhibitors, we may not be able to accommodate each 2011 exhibitor during sales office hours. However, we will open online sales for the next 48 hours.
- Ties: If the total points of two or more exhibitors are equal, AUVSI shall decide priority based on:
- Time of arrival during allotted time slot for booth selection
- The date/time the application with full deposit is received
- Corporate member status (order of priority status: Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Academic)
- Co-Exhibitors/Sharers: Points will be assigned only to the contracting exhibiting company. Co-exhibitors will not earn points.
- Mergers: Points are calculated for the company name on the exhibitor contract. If a company then merges or is acquired, the resulting company may choose to use the highest points of any of the previous companies. Points will not be combined from merged companies.
- Company Divisions: Companies (or divisions) belonging to a parent company participating at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America shows cannot reserve exhibit space under the parent company’s points unless they are participating under the parent company name. If the company (or division) chooses to exhibit on its own, it must earn and use its own points to reserve space.
- Spin-Offs: Newly formed separate subsidiaries of a parent company will not receive points allocated to previously booked space of the parent company.
- Following onsite sales at AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2011, applications will be received and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis (priority points will not affect booth selection). Points will still continue to accumulate for the following year’s booth selection process.
- Points are awarded in increments of $1,000 for advertising, sponsorship and Foundation donations. Points will be rounded down to the lower $1,000 increment.
- Points will be awarded according to net payment amounts (not gross) for advertising, sponsorship and Foundation donations.
- Points for Sponsorship will only be awarded once payment has been received.
- Cancellations of exhibit booths for AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems Program Review 2011 and/or AUVSI’s International Events, of booked advertising and/or of booked sponsorship will result in a deduction equal to the amount earned for that event or item.
- Companies must submit, in writing, any disputes regarding point discrepancies by 24 June 2011. AUVSI will address all disputes and achieve resolution prior to onsite booth selection.
- Exhibit Management Policy: AUVSI reserves the right to make changes to the floor plan when such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the total exhibit effort.
“The show provided us with an ideal opportunity to present our products in an environment where the true decision makers were present.”
“Excellent booth traffic...lots of meaningful customer contact”