Media registration provides full access to all conference events
How to Register:
Eligible media representatives may register by contacting Melanie Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 571 255 7786
Press Badge Information
Who is Eligible for a Complimentary Press Badge?
To maintain quality news coverage and media
representation on the show floor, members of the media need current,
official credentials to enter the exhibit hall or attend events at the
Mandalay Bay Convention Center. You must meet the following criteria and
present acceptable identification to qualify for a complimentary press
- Press credentials are intended for members of
the working media who are reporting on events, programs and activities
of AUVSI and its conference attendees, speakers, or exhibitors.
- Those requesting media registration must be
currently employed by a publication or news organization, and your press
badge will reflect this affiliation.
- Freelance writers, writers for college and
online publications, and photographers must present a letter of
assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge.
- Bloggers or Online Media must provide one of the following:
-Copy of or an Internet link to a published industry-related article from the last three months with your name in the byline
-Copy of publication masthead listing you as an editorial contributor
-Link to an industry-related blog posting from the last three months with your name in the byline
media must write for a website with more than 1,000 unique visits a
month and a paid reporting staff that posts original tech
industry-related news at least weekly.
write for a blog that reflects current, unmanned systems
industry-related news, with new posts created on a weekly basis or
greater frequency and gets more than 500 unique visits a month.
- Advertising, public relations, marketing and
sales representatives, and other non-editorial staff from any media
outlet will not be granted press badges and must register through
general registration and pay appropriate fees. Similarly,
non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media
representatives must pay registration fees via attendee registration.
- Proper, non-expired credentials must be presented when registering onsite at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
- Media outlet interns and student practitioners
accompanying credentialed media representatives must show documentation
proving college credit is being received for the internship or other
proof of employment.
- Recording for radio and television is allowed
unless a particular speaker or presenter expressly prohibits it for his
or her presentation. Any crew member(s) accompanying a reporter for
these purposes will also require a press badge for entry to the show.
Proof of Eligibility
- Officially issued press credentials
- A business card with your name, title and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from managing editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted)
- Recent publication masthead with your name and title
- News article published within the past six months with your byline
Assignment letters may be sent in advance and can be faxed to +1 703 845 9679 to the attention of Melanie Hinton or emailed to email@example.com.
- Please be sure to bring a photo ID and your printed Registration Confirmation (sent via email to you when you registered).
- Scan your confirmation at one of the ExpressPass stations to print your badge, located in Bayside D at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
- You may also look up your registration by entering the five digit Badge ID number
- Registration materials will NOT be mailed to you
Stay up-to-date on the latest news and information about AUVSI’s Unmanned Systems North America 2012 by joining our press list.
- Educational sessions Monday-Thursday
- General Sessions Tuesday-Thursday
- Entry into the Exhibit Hall Tuesday-Thursday (includes all food and beverage events in the hall)
- Poster Sessions and Beyond the Booth Showcase Tuesday-Thursday
- The Mix: The TAO of AUVSI (networking event)
*Events and schedule subject to change